There are some situations, like Covid-19, that may cause your organization to temporarily suspend volunteer involvement. The following are a list of things you may want to consider when moving forward with a temporary shutdown.
Delete Shifts from the Schedule for a Period of Time
- Delete shifts for one or more activities
- If you have short-term activities that begin during your shutdown period, you may not want to delete all of the shifts. Or, you may have unscheduled activities that are temporarily suspended. In these cases, you may want to change the activity status instead:
Let People Know What is Happening
- Update the Volunteer News to share information with volunteers on their volunteer profile pages
- Send an email to volunteers
- Add a file to the Document Library to share information volunteers may need to be aware of and/or download.
- Update the Administrator News to share information with administrators on their admin profile pages
- Send an email to administrators
Communicate with Potential Volunteers
Update the Public Page Volunteer Message to share information with potential volunteers visiting your Better Impact public recruitment page.
Disable Application Forms
If you are not accepting new volunteers for a period of time, you can disable the application form(s) and set a message that will be displayed should anyone click on the link to fill in an application.
Covid-19 Volunteer Recruitment
We want to help you with your recruitment during the pandemic, so we have introduced two Covid-19 specific ways of doing so.