There may be some situations, like Covid-19, that may cause your organization to temporarily suspend volunteer involvement. The following are a list of things you will want to consider when you are ready to resume after a temporary shutdown.
- Add new activities
- Add scheduled shifts to existing activities
- Re-activate activities that were changed to ‘Inactive’ at the start of your shutdown period. All volunteer assignments, that were scheduled before the activity status change, will remain on the activity.
Let People Know What is Happening
- Update the Volunteer News to share information with volunteers on their volunteer profile pages
- Send an email to volunteers
- Add a file to the Document Library to share information volunteers may need to be aware of and/or download
- Update the Administrator News to share information with administrators on their admin profile pages
- Send an email to administrators
Communicate with Potential Volunteers
Update the Public Page Volunteer Message to share information with potential volunteers visiting your Better Impact public recruitment page.
Enable Application Forms
If your application form(s) have been disabled for a period of time, you will want to enable them once you are ready to accept new volunteer applicants and potentially update the message emailed to volunteers upon the completion of the application.
- Update New Volunteer Email Message