This help article outlines the services Better Impact provides as part of your purchase and the timeframe required for those services. In addition, we’ve listed the areas of the software that require your input for content and the estimated time it will take you to accomplish that work.
Summary of Time
Services Included in Your Purchase
- Typically 12-25 business days for Better Impact to complete all services
- This timeline is dependent on timely receipt of materials required for application configurations and data imports purchased
Work done by the Organization
- Organization Account Set-Up: Approx. 5 hours
Task & Timeline Breakdown
The summary included here is provided to help you plan a realistic start date based on your purchased services.
Work done by Better Impact (when purchased)
- Setting Up of your Account – Once we receive the information for how you wish your account to be named, we ask for 1-2 business days to complete this work.
- Application Configuration (if purchased) – Once we receive your application and on-boarding materials, we ask for 7-10 business days to complete this work.
- Data Import (if purchased)- Once we receive your import data, we ask for 7-10 business days to complete this work.
- Training (if purchased) – When multiple training sessions are purchased, we recommend scheduling sessions 1-2 days apart with no more than 4 weeks between the first and last session for best retention of the material covered.
Work done by the Organization
- Branding Settings
- Web Banner – 5 Minutes
- Setting the Color – 5 Minutes
- Default Rich Text Box Options– 5 Minutes
- Social Media – 10 Minutes
- Mission Statement Box – 5 Minutes
- News and Messages – 10 Minutes
- Application Settings – 30 Minutes
- Create Content
- Custom Fields – 2 Minutes per Custom Field
- Qualifications – 2 Minutes per Qualification
- Create General Interests – 10 Minutes per General Interest
- Feedback Fields – 5 Minutes per Feedback Field
- E-Learning Modules – 30 Minutes per Module
- Create Activities – 10 Minutes per Activity
- Create Templates
- Activity Shift Templates – 10 Minutes per Activity Shift
- Email – 5 Minutes per Email
- Upload Documents – 5 Minutes per Document
- Create Limited Admin Roles – 20 Minutes per Role
Where to Start
Below you’ll find the order we recommend you follow when creating the elements in your software.
- Upload your Web Banner so volunteers feel connected to your organization.
- Branding: Setting the elements on the volunteer side of the software to align with your organization website
- Add your Mission Statement so both volunteers and prospective volunteers understand how they can contribute to the greater good.
- Add your Social Media so your volunteers have access to everything related to your organization in one place.
- Determine your Application Settings so your application(s) work the way you want them to work.
- Create General Interests that allow volunteers to indicate how they’d like to be involved with your organization. This will allow you to screen and train them properly.
- Create Qualifications to determine who is or is not suitable for specific volunteer roles.
- Create Custom Fields to capture other information you need to build a better relationship with your volunteers.
- Create as many Activities as you need to manage volunteer positions as well as other tasks, such as interviews, orientations/trainings, and meetings.
- Apply the Qualifications you create to specific Activities so Better Impact can help you determine a volunteer’s suitability to those activities.
- Create Feedback Fields so you can understand what volunteers did as they gave their time.