Logging Hours from a Volunteer’s Profile by an Administrator
- Click the person icon at the top of the screen and type the person’s name into the Quick Search bar.
- Click on the volunteer’s name when it appears in the list
- Click on the “Hours” tab
- Click the [New Timelog Entry] button
- You may see a few tabs, enabling you to select from a list of Activities (Recent, Active or Inactive)
- Recent: the volunteer’s recent assignments
- Active: activities with a status of Active
- Inactive: activities with a status of Inactive
- Select the Activity from the drop-down list
- Enter the Date Volunteered. If you select a date in the future an alert will display a warning message. Click [Confirm] to proceed or [Cancel] to revert back to the default date
- Enter the number of Hours and minutes worked:
- The minutes must be entered as a decimal number (e.g. 15 minutes = .25, 30 minutes = .50, 45 minutes = .75). Place a zero before the decimal if entering less than one hour (e.g. 0.75). Once entered, the conversion to hours and minutes will be displayed to the right of the field
- If there are Feedback Fields associated with the hours log entry, you’ll see them here. There will also be a checkbox in the bottom left corner of the window to “Keep Feedback Fields Populated”. This setting (whether checked or unchecked) is remembered the next time the administrator creates a new timelog entry
- Click the [Save] button or click the [Save and Log Another] button to make another timelog entry.
Log Hours from a List of Assignments
When viewing the list of volunteers assigned to an activity or shift (ex. From Scheduled List):
- Mouse over the Options icon to the left of a person’s name
- Select “Log Hours”
- Hours and Date:
- For unscheduled or seasonal activities, the date and number of hours will need to be entered manually (the date field is pre-populated with today’s date).
- For scheduled activities, the date and number of hours are pre-populated automatically based on the date and times for the shift
- If there are Feedback Fields associated with the hours log entry, you’ll see them here.
- Click the [Log Hours] button