Note: When creating a volunteer profile, the username you specify must be unique not only within your organization, but across all organizations using Volunteer Impact. This is because volunteer profiles can belong to multiple organizations.
- Go to: People, then click on “Add a Volunteer” found in the sidebar under Volunteers
- Fill in the fields in the “Contact Information” section. Mandatory fields are indicated with a flag. Usernames (not case sensitive) must be at least 6 characters long and unique across all Better Impact accounts. Passwords (case sensitive) must be at least 8 characters in length and contain:
- at least one uppercase character
- at least one lowercase character
- at least one number
Tip: Optional: Check the box at the top if you are creating a profile for someone that won’t be logging on. In this case, the username and email will be automatically generated by the software.
- Optional: Compose a Personal Message to the volunteer. This will be displayed to the volunteer on their MyImpactPage.com home page.
- Select a Volunteer Status from the dropdown menu
- Click the [Save] button
- Continue by adding other information to the profile if needed